4.5h Today I did two things. I wrote some jasmine unit tests for my Launch Academy flight check, and I got my ass handed to me by some css glitches. I’m essentially trying to style a form, but between me not knowing 100% what css tags work with flexbox / which direction it’s even working on / if it should go on the parent or the child: it is very safe to say I was just trying everything I could. It took a damn long time in order to get it looking ok. Hopefully next time will go more smoothly.
On the other hand the jasmine testing went pretty well! I wrote a snippet for both the skeleton and the individual tests so that I can bang them out more easily in the future. Jasmine expects a testrunner.html file that has jasmine imported into it, the js file you are testing imported as well, and lastly the tests. If you open the test runner file in your browser it will run tests and give you red / green based on your results. It’s pretty simple! I did not refactor into an object for this week. Maybe I will tomorrow, I’m not sure. It would be nice to have done that in js.
Similar to the last time I was working on flexbox I think I need to find better ways to get debug information. I don’t understand the chrome dev tools window on css very much. Maybe I should dig in there. I can see why people just end up writing more and more css on top of the old stuff – it’s really hard to know what is effecting what.